Monday, November 4, 2013

Life After Labor

 Life after labor was not at all what I had expected nor could I have imagined.  Everyone said enjoy your sleep while you can because once you have the baby you will no longer have it.  Of course I just shrugged it off thinking how bad can it be!  Little did I know everyone was right!

My pregnancy was normal for the most part minus the 6 months of morning sickness, heartburn to the point of puking and ability to not get comfortable now matter how I slept.  I signed my husband and I up for the childbirth classes, packed my hospital bag months before hand and had my birth plan written out weeks before my due date.  But no matter how prepared I was for Kiley to arrive, nothing could have prepared me for the delivery I went through...not even the Childbirth Class!

I tried to keep my birth plan simple by only requesting 4 things but, like life somethings you cannot plan for. Kiley was born August 12, 2013 at 10:10 am weighing 9 lbs, 11 oz. 22 inches naturally and my birth was anything but simple and uncomplicated.  Kiley spent her first 5 days in the NICU and I spent my first 6 weeks after labor on bed rest but, she was worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment